Man these monthly posts come around quick. It’s been another busy one with lots of different projects on the go; perhaps a couple too many; but hey, I can rest when I’m dead, isn’t that how the saying goes? Film wise it’s been about average for the amount, and pretty poor for the quality. You’ll see what I mean:
- Fast and Furious 6 – Vin Diesel does not get better at acting with age. So many flaws in this film – terrible.
- Independence Day – The only thing to watch on 4th July.
- The Last Samurai – Such an epic film with lots of good conversations.
- Fast and Furious – Tokyo Drift – So terrible in so many ways, but it’s Tokyo and I’m having a Japan thing at the moment.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I – Was feeling a bit blue so watched this to cheer myself up. It worked.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II – Well I’d already watched Part I, what was I meant to do, not watch it?!
- The Fast and the Furious – Didn’t want to enjoy this, but kinda did. A true guilty pleasure.
- Tomorrow, When the War Began – Possibly not executed as well as it could’ve been. Perhaps I’ll give the book a go.
- Big Hero 6 – I wasn’t bothered about watching this…but ended up LOVING IT! San Fransokyo – brilliant!
- 2 Fast 2 Furious – 2 shite.
- The Theory of Everything – A masterpiece. Didn’t think I’d get it, but I loved it.
Now I know what you’re thinking, that’s a lot of F&F, well, bear with me, each of these can be explained..but yes, it really was A LOT of F&F!
F&F6 was on Netflix and you know when you’re scrolling through and get bored/annoyed after a while of not finding anything and you get to the point of saying ‘fuck it, put anything on’ so you just click whatever you’re on – well that was F&F6.
F&F-Tokyo Drift was because Dan and I are currently planning our Japan trip for next year and wanted to watch something with Japan in it. Also true for The Last Samurai.
TF&TF was on TV one night and sometimes it’s just nice to relax and watch a film on TV, adverts and all.
2F2F again was on TV, a week after the first one. Dan wanted to watch it, but we both agreed it was simply awful.
See, all explainable.
My recommendations for this month would be The Theory of Everything, I genuinely sat and cried a little at the end as I felt so emotionally drained; and Big Hero 6. It’s classic Disney, not just for the kids. I laughed, I cried, I had a great time. If you have the chance to watch this one, do.
And that was my month in films. How about you? Seen any good films this month?
Until next time.