Lately I have found myself to be surrounded by negative people and, sad to say, I feel they’re beginning to drag me down with them rather than them letting me bring them up. This cannot happen! So, I have decided to leave them to they’re sorry states and focus more on myself being the light I need to stay contented.
And for this I will need positive affirmations.
Did you know that everything we say to ourselves in our heads are affirmations? We believe whatever we say about ourselves and it becomes affirmed in our own minds. So if we’re telling ourselves we have a shitty life, or we aren’t beautiful, or no one likes us etc etc, then this to us becomes fact and we believe it whole heartedly.
“The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all” By Michael Masser and Linda Creed (sung by Whitney Houston, George Benson and many more)
Why do we do it to ourselves? We wouldn’t dare speak to others in the same way, so why do we think it’s okay to say these things inwardly? Take a look at this French Dove advert which shows exactly the reaction you would get if you were to say those horrible things to someone else:
So now we understand what damage we are doing telling ourselves these negative affirmations, let’s look at why we should be supporting ourselves with positive affirmations.
The nicer we are to us, the nicer we are to the rest of the world too. Things don’t seem so dark and gloomy and we are better equipped to deal with, and bounce back, from life’s challenges.
Keeping a positive mind will at first feel like a foreign concept, you will stumble and fight against it and it will drain you of energy but like anything that needs healing – it’ll get worse before it gets better.
I’m going to record myself saying these positive affirmations and have it as a track on my phone so I can listen to them and repeat them whenever I need them. I suggest you do the same. I have no idea whether the fact of having my own voice playing in my ears telling me nice things will make it work better but it’s worth a shot.
- I have everything I need to make me successful today, tomorrow and in my future
- I am loved and mean a lot to many people around me
- I have a wonderful and caring family and incredible friends
- I am filled with energy and joy
- I breathe easily and slowly
- My body is healthy, my body is perfect
- My mind is brilliant and thinks clearly
- I am in control of my life and decide what’s best for me
- I often think of others and help them where I can
- My soul is content
- My soul is adventurous
- I have endless talents that I call upon regularly
- I have a strong, powerful voice
- I have no need for negative thoughts, they are replaced with love
- I forgive those who have harmed me and gently detach myself from them
- I trust myself with what I must do
- My relationships become stronger, deeper and more stable with each day
- I choose to be happy
- I am courageous and can achieve whatever I set my mind to
- I can easily and calmly stand up for myself
- I take up more positive habits every day
- I inspire positive change in others who look up to me
- People recognise my worth
- I am creative and find new and efficient ways to get things done
- I am organised in all areas of my life
- My fortune is growing, expanding and thriving
- I am grateful for my life as it is
- I have overcome all challenges in my life and will continue to do so in the future
- I love myself and let my confidence soar to new heights
- Tough times can last for a while but I can overcome anything
- I continue to learn from life’s lessons
- I am exactly where I need to be at this moment in time
- I determine my own future and it will be perfect
- Other people’s negativity does not affect me
- I radiate beauty, charm and grace
- I am filled with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind
- Fear is just a feeling that I can pinpoint inside my own body
- I have a kind and caring nature
- I am funny and easily make people laugh
- I am a good story teller and people listen with eagerness
- My life is precious and I am grateful for each new day
Don’t you feel much better from just reading those through? Imagine saying these to yourself over and over again! Of course, everyone is different, and what positive affirmations work for me may not necessarily do the job for you, so try coming up with some of your own that will really mean something to you and get your brain onto a more positive wavelength.
Until next time.