This month’s list isn’t quite the full extent of what I’ve seen as I thought there’s not much point adding in all the Christmas ones. There was a lot. Take a look at my list of top ten Christmas films, then add in a few more and you get the picture. So I’ve taken the liberty of only including the non-Christmas films in this round-up. After all, who wants to hear more about Christmas?
- Lord of the Rings – I watched all three. I remember going to the cinema to see these as they were released and I still love them. The special effects don’t look as good now but the story is on form and the Orcs are still terrifying.
- The Hobbit the Battle of the Five Armies – I liked it, I was a bit disappointed with the ending but overall I liked it.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – A good family film, just look past some of the acting.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian – Quite a good sequel but preferred the first one, it felt more magical.
- E.T. – Still a great film! Brought a few tears to my eyes…yes I’m a bit of a sap.
- The Muppets – So much better than I was expecting, I would happily watch this again.
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – WATCH IT. WATCH IT. WATCH IT. This film made me so happy, the soundtrack was great too! Inspirational.
- Gulliver’s Travels – A bit cheesy and was rather sad I was a Jack Black film that wasn’t The Holiday, but good fun all the same.
- Mr Popper’s Penguins – Fine to have on in the background…whilst you’re doing something else…anything else.
And that was (near enough) my December 2014 in films. Out of those, you may be able to guess already but, I’d recommend The Secret Life of Walter Mitty as one to watch. The scenery alone is amazing. If you’ve slightly got the travelling bug, it’ll all but make you pack your bags.
I’d like to say thank you to everyone who has read any of my posts since I began my blog earlier this year and for all the kind comments and likes I’ve received. It means a lot to know that something I am doing for myself has pleased others along the way. Well, here’s to 2015 and new beginnings. x